Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stir Fry & Homemade Pomegranate Lemonade

Today's Lunch:
Homemade Pomegranate Lemonade
Juice from 3 lemons
1 cup 100% Pomegranate Juice
5 droppers of Stevia extract
Enough water to make a 1/2 gallon

This is my healthy alternative when the kids want juice to drink. We normally just drink filtered water but sometimes it's nice to have an alternative. This is really good!  We have made it without the Pomegranate juice by using 1 cup of lemon juice, stevia & water.  It doesn't last long.

Chicken Stir Fry
Olive Oil
Onion
Red Onion
Chicken
Celery
Carrots
Broccoli
Sugar Snap Peas

Served over Rice & Quinoa

I simply start with Olive Oil and then add the ingredients in the order listed. While the onions are starting to cook I cut up the chicken, then while the chicken is starting to cook I chop the celery, etc.

When it's served we add salt &/or soy sauce for flavor.

This is a huge hit with my teenage boys.  Everyone in my family will eat it and likes it except for my picky 11 year old daughter.  She eats the required one small serving and then fixes herself something else.

It turns out a little different each time because I use what vegetables I have on hand.  This version was very heavy on the vegetables on light on the chicken.  I'm not a huge vegetable fan but I love them fixed this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment