Thursday, July 7, 2011

Non-Dairy Chocolate Frosty

One of the recipes from the VSU demo last week was for a Non-Dairy Chocolate Frosty.  It is a hot day today and the kids were out in the backyard playing in the hot tub and on the trampoline so it seemed like a good day to try this recipe on them.

It was a hit with 4 out of 7 of the members of my family.  My husband didn't really like the taste but he drank it.  My oldest son tasted it and screwed up his nose at it.  My youngest didn't want to drink it. 

Amazingly enough my picky eater actually drank it. I even have proof in a picture!

I liked this treat although I think it would be better if I had a high powered blender because it would have been a little smoothier. 

Non-Dairy Chocolate Frosty
Recipe by Lisa Mickelson

1 cup raw almonds soaked 8 hours
2 cups water
2-3 Tbls cocoa powder
3 frozen bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/3 cups agave nectar (I used raw honey instead)
2 cups ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend about 15-20 seconds (I used my regular blender which is not a high powered one so I blended for at least a minute).

Makes 6 servings - 161 calories 43% fat, 47% carbs, 9% protein

No comments:

Post a Comment