Thursday, June 30, 2011

Website: Power Of Food

I was adventurous today and tried out a recipe from Adam Hart's Power of Food. He has a lot of great videos on how to make raw & healthy foods.

I had all but one ingredient on hand already to make his energy bars so while out I stopped by the health food store to pick up some hemp seeds.



The ingredients are dates, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and ground flax. They turned out ok. I'll eat them and I'm sure my husband will. The kids aren't too sure yet but I'll keep encouraging them to try them! I added too much water and it made them a little too sticky.

He also had a video for how to dry mangoes. Since I had bought mangoes from Bountiful Baskets last week and had not gotten through all of them I decided to dehydrate some of them. Cutting mangoes is a lot harder than it appears! Hopefully they'll turn out as good as our dehydrated apples did.

No comments:

Post a Comment