Sunday, May 22, 2011

2 Steps Forward - 1 Step Back

How I wish I always knew what to do...

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that yeast is a huge problem for most people.  With the overuse of antibiotics and the refined, sugar filled foods we eat I think most of have some sort of yeast overgrowth issues.  At least this is true for my family.

This week I started our oldest son the yeast beaters cleanse.  The first attempt to get him to take it was not pretty.  The stuff tastes nasty!   I tried it before giving it to him and seriously it is horrible.  He took one mouthful of the juice I made him and he gaged and spewed it everywhere.  There was no way I could make him take it again.  So I opted to put the powder into capsules and have him swallow it.  I'm sure it is not as effective this way or they wouldn't make people endure drinking the nasty stuff but I paid good money for the stuff and wasn't going to have it go to waste.

The next day my son had a horrible day.  Seriously the worst he's had in a while.  His tic was back and he was irritable and ornery and anxious and he didn't sleep well.  I was sick thinking I would have to put him back on medication.  I was so discouraged and really feeling quite distraught. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together to come up with 4.  I had a good cry and then it finally hit me - yeast die-off.  I had been warned by Shari of The Enlightened Homemaker - at least I think it was her who warned me that things get pretty bad when yeast die off occurs and many people quit.  So I cut back a little on what I was giving him and he started to improve.  I'll give him a day or two to rest and then we'll up the dose again and see what happens.

Another week of trial and error but I'm thankful we are in such a better place than where we were 2 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment